Montgomery College Transfer Agreements

A: The MC reviews all potential partner institutions to ensure that students can be successfully transferred, eligible for scholarships, find work and be welcomed. Partner institutions mc have met these requirements and MC is pleased to recommend these institutions to our students. Just because a school isn`t on our list doesn`t mean you can`t transfer it – students move to more than 400 institutions each year across the country – it just means that the school didn`t apply as a partner or that MC found a reason to worry about the institution. Questions and answers regarding the request of a transfer institution. A: It is highly recommended that you complete your associate degree before the transfer. There are many benefits to the degree, including (1) access to one-time scholarships, (2) reducing the cost of attending courses at Montgomery College (compared to the cost of a four-year institution) and (3) in some cases waived general education requirements. The most important thing is that obtaining an associate degree means that you have a level of university certification – something that many employers are looking for. It is a stepping stone to something bigger, and it is an important step that could have immediate benefits. Launched in 2017, TRANSFERmation is a process to determine which post-secondary institutions MC is working with to conclude university partnership agreements.

A: Transfer contracts are our partnerships with four-year institutions. There are many types of agreements, including: mc students can participate in transfer partnership programs that give them benefits before applying to a transfer school or enrolling in a transfer school. Visit each page to learn more about the program`s requirements and timelines. Not all students are eligible for all programs. For more information, visit a university advisor with Starfish. Mc has a long history of successfully preparing students for transfer to four-year institutions. Questions and answers about transferring credits to another institution, including the search for course equivalencies. A: There is no specific timetable for the transfer. Traditionally, a full-time student takes 2 years or four semesters to acquire an associate degree and transfer. This assumes that they receive 15 credits per semester.

However, you should last as long as you need – keep in mind that it`s not about the length of time, but the grades you deserve, the classes you take, what you can pay for and when, and what your life allows. Work with an advisor to put in place a transfer plan that works best for you, depending on your schedule. Q: How can I transfer my MC credits to another institution? A: ARTSYS is the online database that tells you how courses are transmitted between Maryland institutions. All MD Community Colleges, public institutions and many private MD institutions are in ARTSYS. You can see course equivalencies to transfer courses, and look for majors in the state. Important note: DO NOT follow the general red educational links on RTPs. They do not apply to MC`s associate degrees. ARTSYS should be used in consultation with an advisor. Mc has partnerships with more than 40 higher education institutions and universities that offer benefits to MC students.

Benefits range from exemption from application fees to transfer grants. Click “Show the Details” to learn more about a partnership. Q: How do I know that a school is for me? What should I keep in mind when choosing between transfer schools? Relevant messages, information and advice for transmission. Are you thinking about the transition to the main UMD campus? Apply as a member of MTAP and receive benefits such as guaranteed admission, reduced education and alternating enrollment opportunities. A: Credits can be transferred; Each institution makes this decision. It is best to talk to a representative of the four-year institution to see what courses they recommend.